METHACRYLATE: FILM AND SHEETS
Polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) sheets are manufactured in a casting or extrusion process to form clear and colored impact resistant sheets for construction of windows, skylights, bus shelters, bulletproof security barriers, signs, displays retailers and many other applications. PMMA can also be used with a mineral filler to make artificial marble for kitchen and bathroom countertops or other architectural applications.
- Methacrylate in film provides flawless high transparency, excellent surface gloss, toughness, and unmatched UV-resistant weather resistance for optical-use substrates, as well as lamination with outdoor architectural sheet material and surface decoration products made up of IML/IMD molding. Especially due to its excellent weather resistance, PMMA film is also used for a reflective road marking sheet material overlay film.
- Extruded PMMA sheet is widely used for all industrial applications that require excellent clarity, UV weathering resistance, surface hardness, and adhesion processability. PMMA sheet produced under the same quality system level as optical PMMA sheet ensures high production efficiency compared to cheap sheets with a large amount of low-quality material.
|Films PMMA||75μ – 500μm||Max. 1650mm||Max. 1000Mts roll||Transparent and colors|
|Sheets PMMA||1,8mm – 10mm||Max 1500mm||Max. 2500 mm sheets||Transparent , translucent and black|
Methacrylate is 100% recyclable and non-toxic.
Polymethyl methacrylate is a highly biocompatible, 100% recyclable and non-biodegradable material. PMMA is considered a group 7 plastic.
There are several ways to recycle PMMA. Often these recycling processes involve pyrolysis, in which PMMA becomes extremely hot in the absence of oxygen. Another procedure consists in the depolymerization of PMMA using molten lead to obtain the MMA monomer with a purity >98%. However, this recycling process is not environmentally viable due to the use of lead and the production of harmful by-products, and therefore limits the use of acrylic.
- transparent polymer
- Better scratch resistant than other transparent plastics.
- Clarity, lighter alternative to glass – excellent light transmission
- High resistance to ultraviolet light and weathering
- Inexpensive substitute for polycarbonate
- It can be laser cut.
- Available in a wide variety of colors
- PMMA can be liquefied, allowing it to be easily injection molded and then recycled.
- Chemical resistance to detergents, cleaners, inorganic acids, alkalis.
- Does not contain or release bisphenol A (BPA) during hydrolysis
- Low moisture and water absorption capacity, so the manufactured products have good dimensional stability.
More information about our manufacturer
I&D, management system to support customers and build our future
All sales, production, quality and shipping management is carried out as specified in the ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards and is complemented by the factory MES system.
This allows us to better serve our customers more efficiently and ensure customized quality production.
To perform these missions, our laboratory standard always maintains our quality control level as high as possible by constantly and critically analyzing our products using various advanced testing and analysis devices.
Those analysis results are reported and accumulated so that we can develop new and/or better products and perform custom quality control.